As women we have a tendency to put ourselves last and therefore deplete our reserves. Over the years I’ve noticed that men are much better at taking care of their basic needs.
We’re not talking about feeling fabulous here, instead just the simple things you require to be okay, to survive or be at neutral.
• Enough sleep
• Being hydrated with enough water
• Being fed with a nutritious meal.
• Affection – Did you know that human beings need to be touched 8 times a day to feel connected and part of the world?
Like many women you may well be the lynch pin of your family, or even your wider community. You get to bring so much joy to the people around you when you’re fine.
Check out today’s Jo & Co episode for tips to help you take care of the basics, so you can bring your best self and make your biggest contribution.
You might also like to read...
- The practise of devoted listening - December 1, 2023
- Navigating your financial wellness: 4 nervous system techniques - November 29, 2023
- What is peace really? - November 17, 2023