Your mindset – your beliefs, ideas and attitude — has a huge impact on the level of success you can achieve. Think of your mindset like your lens of possibility. If your lens is cloudy and distorted, you can’t see all the possibilities easily.
If you are a leader, visionary or entrepreneur type, having a healthy money mindset is essential to carrying out your mission in the most effective, and profitable way. When you can see possibilities clearly you make better decisions, which obviously will lead to greater profits and impact.
But here’s the crazy part. Most people really don’t know that their mindset has become a bottleneck to their next level of success. Because that way of thinking is their NORM it’s accepted – and even worse – you just work harder to be successful in spite of your lack mindset.
If you want to be able to elevate your success you’ll need to upgrade your money mindset pronto!
Here’s seven signs your money mindset needs an upgrade:
- You hold back from investing in your business growth because you can’t afford it.
- You alternate between a big payday and scrambling for sales.
- You routinely make “just enough” to cover all your bills.
- On some level you see wealthy people as “bad” or you are worried you will be “like them.”
- The fear of what you will have to give up or change to be successful a recurring concern.
- You are still doing it all yourself because you can’t financially justify paying others to help you.
- You are busy – a lot – but your effort doesn’t translate to more money in the bank.
Suspect you might have at least ONE indicator? Don’t worry, you and 95% of the human population! But the more indicators on this list you have the more likely you are to be secretly pushing away the very thing you deeply desire — more financial freedom.
Here’s what to do next.
1. Decide that you will thrive in your life and business.
Before you do anything you must decide that you want to thrive. Make a commitment to do the inner work that will allow you to be more effective in your actions, choices and results.
2. Determine if there is a success barrier derailing you from doing what would really work.
Now it’s time to determine what’s causing you to short circuit your success. Typically one of three success barriers are at play – Fear, Internal Conflict or Sabotaging Stories. These barriers have been in place for a really long time (they are almost always operating at the subconscious level) so you might want to get help from a professional.
3. Learn how to rewire your money mindset.
By rewiring your money mindset you eliminate the erroneous thought patterns that cloud your choices. Rewiring can be as simple as training your mind to think more constructive thoughts. For some, you’ll need to go deeper and recode a really old belief system that has become a negative anchor.
By learning how you can take control of your mindset you are taking the reins of your future success.
About the Author: Melanie Benson Strick, America’s Leading Small Business Optimizer, guides thought leaders and creative entrepreneurs to achieve optimum success by eliminating unconscious barriers. Get a copy of her money mindset book, Rewired for Wealth.